Hake Medallions with Spinach and CheeseAs receitas lá de casa
This classic (and quick) Portuguese casserole makes excellent use of two convenience items, frozen hake and frozen spinach, plus curry powder, which is a delicious and time saving alternative to having to make your own authentic Indian spice blend. You don't even need to thaw the fish or spinach before combining them with the curry and mustard cream sauce baking, sprinkled with cheese. Boiled potatoes would be the most appropriate side dish.
- 1 1/2 packages hake medallions
- 1/2 package frozen spinach
- 1 package cream
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 2 teaspoons curry
- cheese (for sprinkling, to taste)
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (approximately 350°F).
- 2Remove hake and spinach from freezer.
- 3Place hake medallions in a greased baking dish.
- 4Spread spinach evenly on top of hake, so that baking sheet is covered.
- 5For the sauce, mix the double cream with mustard and curry.
- 6Pour over spinach and sprinkle with grated cheese, to taste.
- 7Bake in preheated oven for about 30 minutes.
- 8Serve with boiled potatoes, if desired.