Hake Medallions with Cilantro and OlivesAs receitas lá de casa
Frozen fish works perfectly fine in recipes like this one, where the fish will be covered in a rich sauce and baked in the oven. It doesn't even need to be thawed first, and will be cooked through in only ten or so minutes, meaning this is a fast track dish to make for a busy weeknight meal, rounded out with mashed potatoes. You can find instant bechamel sauce in packages at many supermarkets.
- 6 hake medallions (frozen)
- salt (to taste)
- olive oil
- 1 package Béchamel Sauce
- cilantro (chopped, to taste)
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- olives (pitted and sliced, to taste)
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (approximately 350°F).
- 2Place frozen hake medallions in a baking dish.
- 3Season with salt and a drizzle of olive oil.
- 4Bake in preheated oven for about 10 minutes.
- 5In a bowl, mix béchamel sauce, cilantro and mustard.
- 6Pour sauce over the fish. Sprinkle with olives.
- 7Bake for another 10-15 minutes, or until brown.
- 8Serve with mashed potatoes, if desired.