Hake Medallions with Bacon, Mushrooms, and MozzarellaAs receitas lá de casa
Hake is second only to cod as most preferred fish in Portuguese cooking. Here the fish medallions do not even need to be thawed before baking, with only simple seasonings. While the fish is in the oven, the rest of the ingredients are prepared so that as soon as the fish is ready, it's topped with the mushrooms, white sauce, mozzarella, and diced bacon. All in all, the dish can be on the table in less than half an hour.
- 1 1/2 packages hake medallions (frozen)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- olive oil (to taste)
- 1/2 can sliced mushrooms
- 1 piece bacon
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 65 milliliters milk
- mozzarella cheese (grated, to taste)
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (approximately 350°F.
- 2Place frozen hake medallions in a baking pan.
- 3Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with a little bit of olive oil.
- 4Bake for about 15 minutes. Drain mushrooms. Dice bacon.
- 5In a small bowl, whisk cornstarch and milk until smooth.
- 6Remove hake medallions from the oven and drain any cooking liquid.
- 7Cover the medallions with mushrooms, milk mixture, mozzarella, and diced bacon.