Hake Medallions With Olive Oil And Garlic SauceAs receitas lá de casa
Hake takes well to many different cooking methods, including the one used in this recipe: First it's seasoned with salt and lemon juice and allowed to absorb the flavors, then sauteed with olive oil and crushed garlic cloves until browned on both sides and cooked through. Thinly sliced onion, soaked in milk to tame the sharp taste, is then sauteed in the same pan until nicley browned and served over the fish.
- 2 packages hake medallions (800 grams)
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 onions (medium)
- 4 bay leaves
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 lemon juice
- olive oil
- 1Season the hake medallions with salt and lemon juice. Let rest for about 30 minutes.
- 2Peel and crush the garlic cloves.
- 3Peel and cut the onion into thin slices. Place the onion on a plate and cover with milk to soften.
- 4Cover the bottom of a frying pan with oil, warm over low heat.
- 5Add the garlic and bay leaves. When the oil is hot, add the hake medallions. Brown on both sides. Add more oil as needed.
- 6When medallions are cooked, remove and set aside.
- 7Drain the onion from the milk and place in the pan to brown with the garlic and olive oil.
- 8Drizzle sauce over the medallions. Serve with fried diced potatoes.