Consider this a savory crumble, with fish in the filling and cornbread in the topping. The fish is simply seasoned to taste with salt, pepper, and fresh lemon juice before being layered atop onion slices in the baking dish, with the topping sprinkle…
evenly over the fish. A drizzle of oil is all the fat that's needed to carry the flavors and to keep the fish moist as it cooks. Serve hot, with more lemon slices for squeezing.
- 5 hake (medallions, frozen)
- salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- lemon juice (to taste)
- 1 slice cornbread
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 onion
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
- Season the medallions with salt, pepper, and lemon.
- In a food processor grind the corn bread, garlic, and cilantro to a crumble.
- In a glass baking dish, place the onion slices on the bottom and the hake medallions on top. Place the ground bread mixture on top of the hake.
- Drizzle with a little olive oil and bake until the fish is cooked and the cornbread is golden.
- Accompany with French fries and a tomato salad.