If you tend to stay away from fish because you are afraid of overcooking it (or just don't much like the odors it creates in your kitchen), here's a great recipe to change your mindset. The fish is arranged in a baking dish with tomato, mushrooms, and garlic on top, simply seasoned, and drizzled with a bit of olive oil before going into a hot oven (which traps the smells) and baked until opaque throughout -- the surest sign that fish is properly cooked through.
- 4 hake fillets (frozen)
- salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 tomatoes (ripe, finely chopped)
- 2 mushrooms (large, finely chopped)
- 1 garlic cloves (minced)
- parsley (powder)
- olive oil (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees Celsius.
- Place the fillets in a glass baking dish and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the tomatoes, mushrooms, and garlic on top of the fish as pictured.
- Season again with a little salt, pepper, and parsley powder. Drizzle with a little olive oil and bake for 25 minutes.