Covered in a creamy curry sauce with the addition of turmeric, these hake fillets can be cooked in just one pan. The addition of bacon adds a savory component that complements the creaminess of the curry sauce. Serve with your favorite rice.
- olive oil (to taste)
- 100 grams bacon (diced)
- 6 hake fillets
- salt (to taste)
- garlic powder (to taste)
- 100 grams mushrooms (washed and quartered)
- 1 tablespoon turmeric (optional)
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 10 sprigs cilantro
- 1 package light cream
- Heat a generous drizzle of olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the bacon and let it cook until lightly browned.
- When the bacon begins to brown, place the hake fillets over them and season with the salt and garlic powder.
- Cover the saucepan and let it the hake mix cook for approximately 10 minutes, checking frequently and adding splashes of water or white wine to prevent drying.
- Add the mushrooms and sprinkle the fish with the turmeric, curry, and chopped cilantro.
- Let it cook for another minute or two and then carefully turn over the fish, letting the spices fall into the sauce.
- After cooking for five minutes, add the cream and stir it into the sauce, being careful not to break the fish.
- Bring the sauce to a boil and let it cook for 1 to 2 minutes before removing it from the heat.
- Ready to serve!
|Calories190Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.