HPB (Ham, Pineapple, and Biscuit) Sandwiches from weelicious.
- 1 cup fresh pineapple (diced, about the size of corn kernels)
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter (cubed)
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 pound country ham (or your favorite type of ham)
- 1. Preheat oven to 425F degrees.
- 2. Place the first 5 ingredients in a food processor and pulse to combine. This can also be done in a bowl.
- 3. Add the butter and pulse until the butter is in tiny pieces the size of rice.
- 4. Add the milk using 3/4 cup to 1 cup making sure the dough doesn’t get too wet. Do not over mix or the dough will become tough.
- 5. Place the dough on a lightly floured surface and roll to 1 inch thick.
- 6. Cut biscuits out with a circle ring cutter.
- 7. Place biscuits on a silpat or parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes or until starting to become golden.
- 1. Place ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat, lower to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes or until pineapple begins to soften.