HEALTHY VEGAN CASHEW AND COCONUT BURFIBHOOMIKAKASHYAP81777
A burfi, that doubles up as an energy bar, sounds amazing right.
Did I mention it is tremendously easy to make and and has simple ingredients which you will easily find at your home since it’s the festive season.
Happy Diwali guys! I know the feeling when your house is filled with sugar filled sweets during the this time and you are trying to eat healthy. I present to you this healthier version of the kaju and nariyal burfi (cashew and coconut burfi) which I’m sure you’ll love because it has cashew butter in it!
Cashews contain great amounts of potassium and magnesium. They lower blood pressure, protect against the loss of muscle mass and make bones stronger, isn’t that the best thing you’ve heard all day!
Jaggery also called Gur in hindi, is a healthier alternative to refined sugar. It is unrefined sugar obtained from unprocessed, raw sugar cane juice. If you don’t have this don’t freak out, use the same amount of brown sugar or honey instead.
You’ll be surprised at how easy and insanely delicious this is.
Enjoy these soft and velvety burfis that I fooled my family into thinking were traditional milk and sugar filled ones ones. If you like it share or leave a comment below I would love to hear from you. Do put our tag #zestfulhealth on instagram if you make it for a healthier and guilt free sweet tooth.
- 1 whole coconut (shredded)
- 1 cup cashew butter
- 2 Tbsp. quick cooking oats (grinded)
- 2 Tbsp. jaggery (/Gur)
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tsp. cardamom powder
- 1/4 tsp. ginger powder
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- Shred the fresh coconut flesh in a blender.
- Make a water bath and melt your cashew butter, do not put it over direct heat.
- After it has melted a bit, add the oats and jaggery/honey.
- Take a plate and spread out a thin layer of extra virgin coconut oil on it so that the mixture doesn’t stick and Level out the mixture on it.
- Put it into the fridge for about an hour or two to firm up a bit. Cut into pieces and satisfy your sweet tooth!
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories410Calories from Fat290|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat290|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes