This recipe was originally Bob Evans Breakfast Casserole made with Bob Evans products. It has hash browns, sausage gravy, scrambled eggs and cheese. But I've been unable to find the exact recipe on their site or any other so I'm sharing our favorite…
- 36 ounces hash browns (Oreida shredded)
- 1 ground sausage (Jimmy Deans or Bob Evans, your preference of flavor)
- eggs (1 doz., scrambled)
- 4 cups milk
- 2 packets white gravy (or white sausage gravy mix)
- 8 ounces shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 400. Place hash browns in greased 9 x 13 baking dish. Bake hash browns for about 20 minutes or until almost done but now browned.
- Meanwhile, brown ground sausage, drain and set aside. Add 4 cups of milk to the 2 packets of gravy in a large sauce pot whisking together over medium heat until thickened. (follow package directions). Stir in the ground sausage to gravy mix and set aside.
- Beat eggs with salt and pepper. Cook eggs in skillet over medium heat until light and fluffy. Set aside.
- Remove hash browns from oven. Top hash browns with half of the sausage gravy. Top gravy with scrambled eggs. Add remaining sausage gravy and top casserole with shredded cheese.
- Return dish to oven and bake for approximately 20 minutes until bubbly and cheese is melted. Remove from oven and let cool for about 10 minutes.
|Calories440Calories from Fat220|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat220|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.