This Hamburger Soup is hearty and delicious, with a rich, flavorful broth. It takes less than 30 minutes from start to finish, making it a perfect busy weeknight meal solution.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ a med sized onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 can condensed tomato soup, plus 1 can of water
- 2-14 oz. cans beef broth
- 1 cup of corn or other canned/frozen vegetables
- 1 cup small pasta, cooked to package directions
- Heat olive oil in a 5 quart pot or dutch oven. Add onion and saute for a few minutes, until they begin to soften. Crumble ground beef and stir garlic into the pot with the onions and cook until beef is no longer pink. Drain as much of the grease as possible. (I use paper towels to soak up the fat).
- Season beef with salt and pepper.
- Stir in beef broth, tomato soup and water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then turn heat down to a simmer (medium to medium-low). Add the vegetables and continue to simmer until vegetables are hot,; about 6-8 minutes. Stir in cooked pasta.
- Divide into bowls, garnish with parsley if desired, and serve hot.