- 8 teaspoons olive oil (divided)
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh rosemary (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 pounds leg of lamb (boneless, trimmed and cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 1 teaspoon salt (divided)
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper (freshly, divided)
- 2 cups stout (Guinness)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3 cups lower sodium beef broth (fat-free)
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups yukon gold potato (cubed peeled)
- 2 cups sliced carrot (thick diagonally)
- 8 ounces baby turnips (peeled and quartered)
- 1 tablespoon whole grain dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley (chopped)
|Calories370Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Paulie 4 months ago
It is a very good, hearty and heart-warming meal! I followed it to the letter (plus portobello mushrooms) and love the vegetable selection, but I found that the jus needed some more flavour. To each his own! :) So, in the final hour before dinner I added all this: Another pint of Guinness, 1c Red wine, 1t extra salt, 1T Dijon Ancienne, 1T tomato paste, 1T fresh Rosemary which I crushed as well. Also mixed in some corn starch to thicken a bit for the picky people here! End result, a gravy that is a bit more rich and has extra depth to it, as I said, picky people here!
Ryan Sumida 9 months ago
It was ok. Couldn’t hardly taste the herbs. The lamb came out mealy. Could just be me
Liz Wallace a year ago
Very good. Next time I'd use half amount of broth.
Amabel D. 3 years ago
I took a few short cuts but my family LOVED it anyway! I used 1 lb of lean beef with lamb because there was not enough lamb in the store. So, cut the fat off the lamb to render oil to cook meat. I didn't dredge and fry each piece of meat. Instead I put the flour in the onion mixture just before combining with meat. The Guinness added such a rich distinct flavor, it was very satisfying!! I will definitely make this again outside of St Pattys weekend, we enjoyed it that much.