Guinea Fowl with Potatoes, Fennel and Blood Orange, Recipe from Jamie OliverOn dine chez Nanou
Are you searching for that perfect dinner meal for the family that will give them flavor and nutrition? Try our Guinea Fowl with Potatoes, Fennel and Blood Orange, Recipe from Jamie Oliver recipe. This recipe is relatively easy to prepare and is one you will want to pass down to your children and theirs. We are confident you will love this Guinea Fowl with Potatoes, Fennel and Blood Orange, Recipe from Jamie Oliver recipe as it is delicious and healthy. Let us know your thoughts in the comments below or rate this recipe by star. Happy Cooking!
- 4 pieces guinea fowl
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1/2 glass gin
- 3 blood orange
- 2 kilograms potatoes
- 100 grams olives (purple)
- 3 fennel bulb (cut into 8 pieces, keep leaves for decoration)
- olive oil
- 1The day before, for the marinade, pound in a mortar, the fennel seeds, garlic, half the rosemary, and half the thyme.
- 2Add the gin, the zest and juice of 2 blood oranges, and 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- 3Mix well, and put in a large freezer bag with the pieces of guinea fowl.
- 4Push the air out of the bag before tying it up.
- 5Refrigerate overnight.
- 6The next day, preheat oven to 230 degrees Celsius.
- 7Cook potatoes in salted boiling water for 7 minutes, then add fennel and cook for another 5 minutes. Drain.
- 8Remove the pieces of guinea fowl from the bag.
- 9Place the chicken pieces in a baking dish (large enough to add the vegetables afterwards) and brown for 20 minutes.
- 10Take the meat out of the oven, and remove the grease from the baking dish.
- 11Place the meat on a plate, and put potatoes and fennel bulbs in the dish together with remaining thyme and rosemary. Replace the guinea fowl.
- 12Season with salt and pepper, and bake for 30 minutes.
- 13Remove the dish from the oven, add the olives and a few fennel leaves.
- 14Make a vinaigrette with the juice of 1 blood orange, an equal amount -as the juice- of olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- 15Coat the meat just before serving.
PER SERVING *
|Calories600Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.