Guanajuato-style Green Mole SauceMadeleine Cocina
Guanajuato is a city and municipality of central Mexico. This Guanajuato-style Green Mole Sauce is a traditional sauce it boasting with flavor and savory goodness. Ingredients include pumpkin seeds, chopped green tomatoes, chopped lettuce, chopped onions, chopped spinach leaves, minced coriander, Serrano chile peppers, garlic cloves, salt, chicken stock, and vegetable oil. Pour this sauce over cooked and shredded chicken breasts for a tasty meal the family will love.
- 100 grams pumpkin seeds
- 250 grams green tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 cup lettuce (chopped)
- 1/2 cup onions (peeled and chopped)
- 5 spinach leaves (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons coriander (minced)
- 2 chile pepper (Serrano, seeded and chopped)
- 1 garlic cloves (peeled and minced)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 chicken breasts (cooked and shredded)
- 1Place a pan on the stove on low heat and begin roasting the pumpkin seeds until they inflate and begin to toast.
- 2Add the lettuce, onion, spinach, coriander, chile peppers, garlic, salt, and pumpkin seeds to a food processor and chop.
- 3Add half of chicken stock into the blender and puree until smooth.
- 4Place a large pot on the stove at low heat. Add oil and the blended mixture into the pot.
- 5Stir everything continuously for 10 to 15 minutes until the sauce begins to thicken.
- 6Add the rest of the chicken stock and stir well. Cook for another 30 minutes.
- 7Add the shredded chicken, simmer for 5 minutes and serve.