Guanajuato is a city and municipality of central Mexico. This Guanajuato-style Green Mole Sauce is a traditional sauce it boasting with flavor and savory goodness. Ingredients include pumpkin seeds, chopped green tomatoes, chopped lettuce, chopped o…
ions, chopped spinach leaves, minced coriander, Serrano chile peppers, garlic cloves, salt, chicken stock, and vegetable oil. Pour this sauce over cooked and shredded chicken breasts for a tasty meal the family will love.
- 100 grams pumpkin seeds
- 250 grams green tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 cup lettuce (chopped)
- 1/2 cup onion (peeled and chopped)
- 5 spinach leaves (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons coriander (minced)
- 2 chile peppers (Serrano, seeded and chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (peeled and minced)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 chicken breasts (cooked and shredded)
- Place a pan on the stove on low heat and begin roasting the pumpkin seeds until they inflate and begin to toast.
- Add the lettuce, onion, spinach, coriander, chile peppers, garlic, salt, and pumpkin seeds to a food processor and chop.
- Add half of chicken stock into the blender and puree until smooth.
- Place a large pot on the stove at low heat. Add oil and the blended mixture into the pot.
- Stir everything continuously for 10 to 15 minutes until the sauce begins to thicken.
- Add the rest of the chicken stock and stir well. Cook for another 30 minutes.
- Add the shredded chicken, simmer for 5 minutes and serve.