Gualu’s LasagnaLa Cocinera Con Prisa
Lasagna is a traditional homemade dish that is offered up in love and thanks. This Gualu’s Lasagna is hearty, and decadent. It takes 50 minutes to prepare and only minutes to devour. The whole family will sit down for this one. This is the perfect dish to prepare for a big family dinner because everyone will love the hearty meat, vegetables and savory cheeses in this decadent lasagna. Happy cooking!
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 400 grams ground beef
- 250 grams mushrooms (washed and sliced)
- 500 milliliters tomato purée (seasoned)
- 500 milliliters tomato purée (may purchase whole peeled canned tomatoes and puree them in the blender)
- 1 cup white wine
- 300 grams mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 300 grams cheese (gouda, shredded)
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- salt (and pepper)
- 1Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat and add the ground meat. Stir it until it separates and cooks through. Let brown slightly. This should take no more than 5 minutes.
- 2Add both tomato purees and mix well. Increase the heat and, when the mixture bubbles, add the mushrooms. Cook for 2 minutes. Add the wine and allow to simmer for 3 more minutes, until the alcohol evaporates. Lower the heat, add oregano, salt, pepper and bay leaves and cover the pan.
- 3After 5 minutes, check to see if more salt is needed, remove the bay leaves and remove from heat.
- 4Spoon three tbsps. of the meat sauce evenly into the bottom of a 30 x 15 baking dish. Place in layers:
- 56 lasagna noodles (sprinkle a little water over the noodles)
- 6Half the sauce
- 7Gouda cheese
- 86 lasagna noodles (sprinkle a little water over the noodles)
- 9Remaining sauce
- 10Mozzarella cheese
- 11Bake at 200 C for 20 minutes until the cheese browns slightly.
PER SERVING *
|Calories620Calories from Fat360|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat360|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.