- 8 slices bacon (lean slab)
- 1 avocado (ripe, peeled and seeded)
- 1/2 small tomatoes (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons scallions (minced, white parts only)
- 1 tablespoon cilantro leaves (minced)
- 1 jalapeno chilies (small, minced)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (fresh)
- salt (to taste)
- black pepper (to taste)
- 12 slices pumpernickle bread (crusts removed)
- softened butter (for spreading)
- In a large skillet, fry the bacon over moderate heat until crisp, drain on paper towels, crumble, and set aside.
- In a bowl, mash the avocado with a wooden spoon until lumpy, add the bacon, tomato, scallions, coriander, jalapeño chile pepper, lime juice, and salt and pepper, and mix until well blended.
- Lightly butter the bread slices, spread the guacamole equally on the slices, and cut into thirds.