Everyone's favorite dip is more than just a dip: Guacamole can also be folded into fillings for tacos and burritos or used as a topping for enchiladas and other Tex-Mex dishes. It's also excellent in salads and sandwiches or dolloped onto soups and chili. You can easily triple or quadruple this recipe if serving a crowd, and to vary the seasonings (adding more or less of each) to suit your tastes.
- 1 avocado
- 2 tomatoes (finely chopped)
- 1/2 onion (finely chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (finely chopped)
- olive oil
- 1/2 lemon
- red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon grainy mustard
- Tabasco Sauce
- Halve the avocado and remove the pit. Place it in a bowl along with the tomatoes, onion, and garlic.
- Drizzle with olive oil, lemon juice, and red wine vinegar. Stir everything very well and season to taste with grainy mustard, salt, pepper, coriander, and a few drops of Tabasco.