- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds ground turkey (use turkey with less than 10% fat for the South Beach Diet)
- black ground pepper
- 1 onion (large, diced in 1/2 inch pieces)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3 cups pink beans (cooked, or pinto beans, 3 cups = 2 cans. I used Rancho Gordo Yellow Indian Woman beans, cooked in a crockpot slow cooker, then drained.)
- 4 ounces Anaheim chile (diced green)
- 3 cups chicken stock (or use 2 cans chicken broth)
- 16 ounces pinto beans (refried)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro (or more)
- lime wedg (sliced, for serving)
|Calories770Calories from Fat180|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat180|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Nedra Johnson-Big Mike 14 Feb
It was delicious..... My family really enjoyed it i most definitely make it again 👍
Blair Nouri 11 Jan
Very tasty and easy to make. The family loves it. Will be making it again.
Zia Monique 1 Jan
This has become a staple in my arsenal. I call it Mexican Chili since it has great Mexican flavors. I do add a can of creamed corn and a little corn starch to thicken. My husband and I love it!
Kristoffer S. 30 Nov 2018
It actually turned out really fantastic. I must have skipped the thickening with refried beans or I didn’t see it on the list. No worries though I used a cornstarch slurry, also I added corn to the recipe which gave it a sweet profile as well as savory.
Kristal Gilbert 25 Jan 2018
Recipe turned out good but I just felt like I needed some kind of sauce, I’m not sure what kind though but to me I needed a sauce or something added otherwise spices and everything tasted
Nachel M. 14 Feb 2016
We don't follow this recipe exactly, but piece meal together multiple similar recipes. It is worth it. Last year during the super cold winter, we made this once a week.