- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/4 pounds ground chicken (package, or turkey, use chicken or turkey with less than 10% fat for South Beach Diet)
- 1 onion (large, chopped in medium dice)
- 2 tablespoons curry powder (sweet, I used Penzeys Sweet Curry Powder, but use any curry powder blend that you like)
- 1 can tomatoes with juice (petite dice, 14.5 oz.)
- 1 can chickpeas (also called garbanzo beans, 15.5 oz. can)
- 12 ounces fat free greek yogurt (if you don't have Greek yogurt, I would drained the yogurt in a fine strainer for at least 30 minutes to remove some of the liquid)
- ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro (for garnish, optional)
PER SERVING *
|Calories390Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Marie F. 21 Jul
Pretty good. I’m on low carb diet and it works. I used Garam Masala instead of sweet curry. Would like to try with different spice next time.
Dlish 20 Jun
Flavorful combination of poultry, chick peas and spices. I was out of yogurt so I substituted buttermilk for a creamy texture and fresh tomatoes. Delish!
Denise B. 4 Apr
Great! Will make again!!
Paul 31 Mar
excellent flavours and good for low carb diets. I found the yoghurt separated when it was stirred in though leaving the final result grainy and not the smooth sauce it should be. will use fat free sour cream next time.
Lisa 7 Mar
Nice flavour, I served it over jasmine rice.
Nancy S. 18 Feb 2016
Excellent and easy--skipped the yogurt and put it on boiled potato. So good and flavourful. Will be doing again for sure.