Ground Beef with String Beans and Mashed PotatoesMadeleine Cocina
The family has all come together for a Sunday dinner and you are ready to get cooking. This Ground Beef with String Beans and Mashed Potatoes is a hearty traditional meal that will warm their hearts and make them smile. Ingredients include medium potatoes, salt, milk, butter, ground black pepper, ground beef, frozen string beans, cream of chicken soup, and cheddar cheese. This is a hearty home-cooked dinner delight.
- 2 potatoes (medium)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon butter
- ground black pepper
- 300 grams ground beef
- cooking oil (spray)
- 3/4 cup frozen string beans
- 10 3/4 ounces cream of chicken soup (canned)
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese (grated)
- 1Cut the potatoes into medium pieces and boil in water with salt until soft. Drain the potatoes, put them back in the pot they were cooked in, and mash. Add the milk and butter. Season with salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
- 2Cook the meat in a large saucepan sprayed in cooking oil. When it turns to a light brown color, add pepper and the string beans. Mix until the string beans unfreeze, then add the cream of chicken. Cook for 3 more minutes.
- 3Place in a baking pan and add the potatoes on top. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave at 80% power for 5 minutes.
- 4Let it cool, sprinkle the cheese on top, and microwave for 1 more minute.
- 5Serve immediately.
PER SERVING *
|Calories290Calories from Fat160|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat160|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.