Ground Beef and Vegetable SkilletAs receitas lá de casa
You could simply serve the sauteed meat and vegetables as soon as they are seasoned and the vegetables are tender, but the dish will be even better when you finish by baking the meat mixture, covered with sliced cheese, until all golden brown and melted and delicious. Kids especially will appreciate the extra step, and it doesn't take that much longer to do. White rice is a nice way to round out the meal.
- olive oil (to taste)
- 1/2 onions (finely chopped)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 600 grams ground beef
- 1/2 cabbage (heart, julienned)
- 2 carrots (grated)
- Flemish cheese slices (or other semi-hard melting cheese, such as Edam or Gouda to taste)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 lemon (juiced)
- 1In a high-sided skillet or a saucepan, heat olive oil and sauté onion and garlic.
- 2Add ground beef. Reduce heat and simmer.
- 3When the meat starts to brown, add remaining vegetables and let cook.
- 4Preheat oven to 180°C (approximately 350°F).
- 5Season with soy sauce, lemon juice and salt, to taste.
- 6When vegetables are al dente, remove from heat and arrange in a baking dish.
- 7Cover with slices of cheese and bake until cheese is bubbly and slightly browned.
- 8Serve with white rice, if desired.