- 1 roll bread (slightly stale, soaked in cold water, excess water squeezed out)
- 1/2 cup fresh flat leaf parsley (a little reserved for garnish, remainder chopped)
- 2 3/4 pounds ground beef
- 4 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 6 eggs (4 hard-boiled and peeled, plus 2 egg yolks)
- 19 ounces puff pastry (at room temperature)
- 14 ounces cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1 2/3 cups sour cream
- 6 tablespoons chili paste
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine bread, parsley, ground beef, mustard and 1 raw egg. Season and form into a 13 inch long roll. Press hard-boiled eggs into the center. Place in a roasting pan and roast for 1 hour. Let cool in oven with door ajar.
- On a floured work surface, roll out puff pastry into a 15x13 inch rectangle. From 1 short side, cut 2 - 2/3 inch wide strips. Combine cream cheese, breadcrumbs and 1 raw egg. Spread 1/3 of cheese mixture over pastry in an area the same size as meatloaf. Lay meatloaf on top and spread remaining cheese over top. Fold pastry over meatloaf and press edges together to seal. Transfer to prepared pan. Beat egg yolks with 3 tbsp water. Brush over pastry. Cut out leaf shapes from pastry strips and lay on top. Brush with egg wash. Bake for 25-30 mins, until golden brown.
- In a bowl, combine sour cream and chili paste. Garnish meatloaf with parsley and serve with the chili dip.
|Calories840Calories from Fat580|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat580|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.