Tender portobello mushrooms are stuffed with ground meat that is seasoned with a simple sauce made of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and ground mustard. You can serve these as an entree, paired with some roasted potatoes and vegetables. You can also serve the stuffed mushrooms as an appetizer, simple use smaller mushrooms so people can easily finish them in one to two bites.
- 5 portobello mushrooms (small)
- 250 grams ground beef (mixed, cow / pork)
- 1/4 yellow peppers
- 70 cornbread (grs of)
- ground mustard
- ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 pinch spices
- Clean the mushrooms, remove the stem and arrange in an oven-safe dish with the top of the mushroom facing dowm.
- Chop the pepper into small pieces, then crumble the cornbread.
- Place the meat in a bowl, season and add the pepper, cornbread, kneading everything very well with your hands or a wooded spoon.
- Mix the ground mustard, olive oil, balsamix vinegar, 4 spice mixture, and some salt and pepper together in a small bowl.
- Make small balls of the meat mixture and put them on top of the mushrooms.
- Press the middle down with your finger to make a slight hole and in that small hole put a small spoonful of sauce.
- Garnish each mushroom with a sprig of thyme, then bake in the oven for 30 minutes until they reach a temperatature of 180º or until very well golden.