- 2 cups macaroni (uncooked)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon pepper (jalapenos, minced seeded)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 cup diced onion (finely)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups diced tomatoes (see notes 4)
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese (or more, grated)
- salt (Creole preferably, adjust to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
|Calories630Calories from Fat270|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat270|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
donna s. 5 days ago
I made additions of red peppers and mushrooms. I subbed dried thyme for fresh thyme. turned out good.
April 14 days ago
it was good. even my 5 year old at this
vivian C. 12 Jan
Awesome I had to improvise in some due to being in snow storm and can’t get exactly kind of cheese but still awesome
Lindsey Ann 11 Jan
too dry for my taste
Nancy W. 7 Jan
It was OK. My confusion is with the herbs and spices. Made my own Creole Seasoning ( Creole salt), but there already is thyme, salt and pepper in the mix. The recipe is not clear ...is this additional thyme salt and pepper?? And how much of the creole salt?? Found it very oily too. Drained the ground beef, but the fat from the melted cheese was off-putting to me.
Shenkir 2 Jan
Really good! Kids loved it!
Andrew Moore 12 Dec 2018
it was amazing! and all the ingredients mashed so perfectly!
Donnisha 9 Dec 2018
delicious! family loved it!
Biondolillo 27 Nov 2018
Great Flavor,Kids ate it up. Came out a little runny. i drained the diced tomatoes. But i think the ground beef needs to cooked and drained. Will make again and experiment
Lynda Alvarado 9 Nov 2018
Great flavor! can't wait to see if family loves it!
Nicole Hernandez 5 Nov 2018
Came out amazing. Didn’t have jalapeños or evaporated milk so I substituted. Bake time for me was approx 30 min with oven temp at 350