Grilled chicken, sausage, and mushrooms are combined with tomatoes and black olives in this hearty main course pasta salad. After being grilled, the chicken meat is shredded into bite sized pieces and the sausage thinly sliced. You can use any shape of pasta for this recipe, besides the corkscrew (fusilli) shown here, but shorter shapes such as penne or rigatoni work best. This is a lean dinner, with only a drizzle of olive oil needed.
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1/2 sausages (meat)
- fresh mushrooms (or 1 can)
- 2 tomatoes (firm)
- pitted black olives (to taste)
- pasta (about 350 grams)
- Place the pasta in a pot of salted boiling water and cook according to package directions.
- Cut a horizontal slit in each breast and chorizo and open up to speed grilling.
- Season the chicken with salt and lemon and cook with the chorizo in a griddle pan.
- While all is cooking, place the rinsed and chopped tomatoes and pitted olives in a large serving dish.
- When the chicken is almost done, add the mushrooms to the pan.
- Drain the pasta and rinse with cold water to halt the cooking process.
- Allow to cool a bit, while the shredding the chicken and cutting the chorizo into thin slices.
- Place the pasta in the serving dish. Add the chicken, chorizo and mushrooms and mix gently to combine. Sprinkle with a little olive oil and serve.