This classic grilled pork dish from the Yucatan—Poc Chuc—is simplicity personified, but it’s loaded with flavor. Accompany with guacamole, warm corn tortillas and Corn & Black Bean Salad.
- 4 blade pork steaks (boneless, about 1/2-inch thick)
- 1 red onion (large, sliced)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 lime (cut into 8 wedges)
- Prepare medium-hot fire in grill. Season pork steaks with salt and cayenne. Place pork and onion slices directly over fire; grill pork for 7-9 minutes, turning once, until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees Fahrenheit, followed by a 3-minute rest time.
- Grill onion, turning as necessary to brown evenly, for about 5-6 minutes. Place grilled pork and onion on serving platter; squeeze some fresh lime juice over and serve with remaining lime wedges.