- 3 romaine lettuce hearts (medium, trimmed)
- 1 pound radishes (trimmed, about 12 large)
- 1 cup white wine vinegar (divided)
- 1 tablespoon sugar (divided)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt (divided)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 green onions (each cut into 3 pieces)
- 6 basil leaves (large, torn)
- 1/4 cup chives (chopped, divided)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (quartered)
- Preheat grill to high heat.
- Remove and discard 3 or 4 outer leaves off of each lettuce head to leave a tight lettuce heart; cut in half lengthwise.
- Attach Spiralizer attachment to KitchenAid® Stand Mixer. Center one radish on fruit and vegetable skewer; attach to Spiralizer. Attach fine spiralizing blade and position at end of radish. Place large bowl under blade to catch spiralized radishes. Turn stand mixer to speed 4 and process until blade reaches end of radish. Repeat with remaining radishes, reserving radish cores in bowl as well.
- Add ¾ cup vinegar, 2-1/2 teaspoons sugar and 1 teaspoon salt to radishes in bowl; toss gently. Let stand 10 minutes; drain.
- Meanwhile, add oil, onions, basil, half of the chives, and remaining vinegar, sugar and salt to KitchenAid® Blender. Process on speed 4 (puree)until smooth. Evenly brush cut sides of lettuce with 2 tablespoons of the dressing mixture. Grill 1 to 2 minutes or just until charred with grill marks.
- Serve lettuce immediately, evenly drizzled with remaining dressing and garnished with pickled radishes, tomatoes, remaining chives and fresh cracked black pepper.
|Calories200Calories from Fat160|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat160|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.