- 3 yellow squash (small, ends trimmed)
- 3 zucchini (small, ends trimmed)
- 2 japanese eggplant (small, ends trimmed)
- 2 portobello mushrooms (stemmed)
- 2 sweet potatoes (ends trimmed)
- 1 bunch asparagus (ends trimmed)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper (fresh)
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves (packed)
- 2 cups basil leaves (packed)
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper (fresh)
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- Heat outdoor grill to medium-high heat. Place the slicing disc in the work bowl of a KitchenAid®Pro Line®16 cup Food Processor set at the sixth notch from the left. Place the yellow squash into the lid opening horizontally and insert the large feed tube gently. On low speed, slice the squash. Repeat the same procedure with the zucchini and eggplant. Remove vegetables and set aside in a very large bowl.
- Place the portobellos and sweet potatoes into the feed tube vertically and again, insert the large feed tube gently to slice. Add portobellos and sweet potatoes to the squash mixture, along with the asparagus and toss very gently with the olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Grill in 2 batches over medium-high for 8-10 minutes, or until desired tenderness, turning halfway through. Remove from grill and serve hot, or at room temperature, with Spinach Walnut Pesto.
- Place the mini-bowl inside the work bowl of the food processor and fit it with the mini-blade. Push to lock.
- Process the spinach in 2 batches until very finely chopped, about 30 seconds per batch. Add in the basil and the olive oil and continue processing another 30 seconds or until all incorporated.
- Add in the garlic, walnuts, salt and pepper and process 20-30 seconds. Add more salt and pepper to taste and pulse 3 times to incorporate.
- Tip: Pureé any leftover vegetables in food processor and serve on crostini as a grilled vegetable spread.