You have been invited to a party or potluck and you want to provide the perfect palate pleasing appetizer. This recipe for Little cups of grilled vegetables with smoked pilchards combines the rich and delicious flavors that will melt in your mouth. These savory cakes are packed with flavor and make the perfect party appetizer. Be sure to pick these ingredients up the next time you go shopping so you can surprise your friends with your culinary skills.
- wonton wrapper
- grilled pepper
- grilled eggplant
- smoked herring
- dried herring
- peppercorn (Pink)
- extra-virgin olive oil
- For the herring, prepare fish and marinate.
- Tip: When using dried and salted herring, clean herring well, remove skin and innards and carefully cut filets.
- Soak herring filets in water for about 4-6 hours.
- Drain and place in a bowl with oil, minced garlic, parsley and a few grains of pink peppercorn.
- Cover and let marinate for 1-2 days or store for several days in the refrigerator.
- To make the cups, press the wonton wrappers into the wells of a greased muffin tin.
- Bake at 180°C (approximately 350°F) for about 15 minutes.
- Cool on a rack.
- To serve, fill the cups with grilled eggplant and grilled pepper and a piece of sardine.
- Garnish with chives.