Grilled Vegetable And Herring CupsKooking
You have been invited to a party or potluck and you want to provide the perfect palate pleasing appetizer. This recipe for Little cups of grilled vegetables with smoked pilchards combines the rich and delicious flavors that will melt in your mouth. These savory cakes are packed with flavor and make the perfect party appetizer. Be sure to pick these ingredients up the next time you go shopping so you can surprise your friends with your culinary skills.
- wonton wrappers
- fire roasted peppers
- fire roasted eggplant
- smoked herring
- dried herring
- peppercorns (Pink)
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 1For the herring, prepare fish and marinate.
- 2Tip: When using dried and salted herring, clean herring well, remove skin and innards and carefully cut filets.
- 3Soak herring filets in water for about 4-6 hours.
- 4Drain and place in a bowl with oil, minced garlic, parsley and a few grains of pink peppercorn.
- 5Cover and let marinate for 1-2 days or store for several days in the refrigerator.
- 6To make the cups, press the wonton wrappers into the wells of a greased muffin tin.
- 7Bake at 180°C (approximately 350°F) for about 15 minutes.
- 8Cool on a rack.
- 9To serve, fill the cups with grilled eggplant and grilled pepper and a piece of sardine.
- 10Garnish with chives.