Instead of simply serving grilled sausages on their own, which would be fine of course, here they are first grilled for that unmistakable smoky flavor, and then broken into pieces and folded into a mixture of garlic, parsley, and olive oil, and served alongside cherry tomatoes and olives topped with shaved parmesan and balsamic vinegar. It all adds up to a bright and summery Italian-inspired meal that's best enjoyed al fresco.
- 4 turkey sausages
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 parsley (bunch)
- 3 basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 pitted green olives
- 3 tomatoes (dark)
- 1 bunch cherry tomatoes
- balsamic vinegar (to taste)
- parmesan (shavings)
- Cook the sausages on the grill with a pinch of salt.
- While they are on the grill, finely chop one of the garlic cloves, or put in a mortar, along with the parsley and a little olive oil, grind to a pulp and set aside.
- Cut the tomatoes as desired (I cut the green colored ones very thin, and the cherry tomatoes into 4 equal pieces).
- Place them in a bowl along with the olives and a dash of olive oil and a few drops of balsamic vinegar. Chop the other garlic clove and add it as well. Top with some parmesan shavings.
- After the sausages are well grilled, break them into small pieces and add them to the tomato mixture along with the parsley and garlic mixture from the mortar.
- Serve it with small pieces of bread and enjoy.