- 2 ounces fresh cilantro (reserving some for garnish)
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 red chili (deseeded and chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic (peeled, 2 chopped, 1 crushed)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 pound tuna steaks
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 bulb fennel (about 2/3 lb, thinly sliced)
- 1/2 pound romaine lettuce (cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 2/3 pound tomatoes (cut into wedges)
- 1 avocado (peeled and cut into wedges)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons low fat milk
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- orange wedges (for garnish)
- ciabatta bread (to serve)
- To marinate the tuna, add the cilantro, the orange juice, chili pepper, garlic and 2 tbsp oil to a blender and purée. Place the tuna in a dish, baste with the cilantro mixture and leave for at least 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, to make the salad, whisk the vinegar and honey together in a bowl. Season with salt and black pepper. Gradually whisk in 2 tbsp oil. Toss with the fennel, lettuce, tomatoes and avocado.
- To make the salad dressing, mix the mayonnaise, yogurt, milk, mustard and crushed garlic in a separate bowl. Season with salt, black pepper and a pinch of sugar.
- Remove the tuna from the marinade and pat dry. Preheat the broiler and cook the tuna for 3-4 mins on each side. Arrange on plates with the salad, sprinkle with the almonds and garnish with the orange wedges and the reserved cilantro. Serve with the dressing and ciabatta bread on the side.
|Calories440Calories from Fat270|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat270|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.