Grilled Tuna SteakO Meu Tempero
Fresh tuna benefits from being marinated briefly (that's all it takes to be infused with flavor). In this recipe, tuna steaks are marinated in a mixture of onion, thyme, lemon juice, white wine, and olive oil, turning to coat both sides. Just be sure to wipe off excess marinade before placing the fish on the hot grill to avoid any flare ups (and burnt fish). That marinade doubles as the sauce, simmered with tomatoes until heated through.
- 2 fresh tuna steaks
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- salt (to taste)
- olive oil (to taste)
- 2 tomatoes (ripe, peeled and chopped)
- 2 tablespoons tomato pulp
- fresh coriander (Chopped, to taste and for garnish)
- 1Make a marinade combining the onion, thyme, lemon juice, white wine, salt and olive oil.
- 2Place the tuna steaks in the marinade for a few minutes on both sides.
- 3Remove tuna from the marinade and pour marinade in a small saucepan. Set aside. Cook the tuna until opaque, then flip to cook the other side.
- 4Add a dash of olive oil to the marinade. Add the tomatoes and tomato pulp. Let cook for a few minutes.
- 5If necessary, add a little water to the sauce.
- 6Serve the tuna steaks warm with the sauce on top and sprinkle with coriander or parsley to taste.
- 7Serve with potatoes and broccoli or other vegetables.