- 1 pound firm tofu (sliced lengthwise)
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 8 slices whole grain bread
- 4 tablespoons Hellmann's or Best Foods Canola Cholesterol Free Mayonnaise
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves
- 4 slices tomatoes
- 4 slices onion
- On paper towels, arrange tofu. Cover with paper towels. Arrange heavy saucepot on top and let stand at least 5 minutes to drain excess water.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, combine ketchup, water, vinegar, chili powder, onion, garlic, molasses and, if desired, ground pepper. Add tofu and turn to coat. Cover and marinate 15 minutes to 12 hours.
- Remove tofu from marinade, discarding marinade. In 12-inch skillet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray, cook tofu, in batches, turning once, 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- On 4 bread slices, evenly spread Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Canola Cholesterol Free Mayonnaise, then layer tofu, lettuce, tomatoes, onion and remaining bread slices.