- 1 1/2 tablespoons kosher salt (depending on personal preference)
- 1 tablespoon finely ground coffee (the more robust the coffee the better)
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika (preferably Spanish or Hungarian)
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 1/2 pounds skirt steak (or substitute flank steak)
- extra-virgin olive oil
|Calories340Calories from Fat170|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat170|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Michele Dispoto 13 Aug 2018
Wonderful! It tastes delicious.
Simon 13 Aug 2018
it was definitely a hit in my house!
james 23 Jun 2018
Everyone loved this rub. I put it on flap meat and it was excellent , some of the best tasting ribs I have had .
Jen 19 Jun 2018
Wow, this is a good rub!! Mine didn’t really “crust” on the steak like another reviewer mentioned, but it did stick. I couldn’t find flank steak so I used it on top sirloin. YUM!! I rubbed the steak thoroughly with melted refined coconut oil, and then rubbed & patted on the seasonings thoroughly. I then seared it in a very hot pan for 2-3 min on each side (to achieve a medium rare state). Also, just an FYI, if you are concerned that the ingredients of this rub will create an overly strong flavor, you’re wrong. Even though it has coffee, cumin and cayenne pepper in it, it offers a subtle, yet distinct flavor. Very, very good!
bianca volschenk 9 Jun 2018
It was the foul. We tossed it out wasn't eatable
Ammerman 3 Jun 2018
Excellent. Best flank steak I’ve ever had.
Peter Lee 7 May 2018
Turned out really nice
Glenna Robson 1 May 2018
Yummy!!! Great for Kabobs too!!
Rowe 10 Apr 2018
Delish! Everyone devoured it! Will have to make more next time!
Kevin V. 12 Jan 2018
A simple, yet robust rub! Loved the way it crusted on the steak. We had a nice 2lb. Grass-fed flank steak and this was the perfect rub for it!