Funded by the Beef Checkoff
- 1 beef top round steak (cut 1 inch thick, about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup mild salsa (prepared)
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse grind black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper (or medium green, cut into 1/4 inch strips)
- 8 ounces button mushrooms (sliced 1/4- inch thick)
- 2 cups zucchini (sliced, 1/4-inch thick)
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse grind black pepper
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes (finely)
- 1/4 cup green onions (chopped)
- Combine marinade ingredients in small bowl. Place beef steak and marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn steak to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or as long as overnight, turning occasionally.
- Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Place steak on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 12 to 14 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 16 to 19 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) doneness, turning once. Do not overcook.
- Meanwhile prepare Colorful Vegetables. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in large non-stick skillet over medium- high heat. Add bell pepper strips; cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add mushrooms, zuchini, cumin, salt and black pepper; cook and stir 3 to 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add tomato and green onion; cook and stir 1 minute.
- Carve steak into thin slices; season with salt, as desired. Serve with Colorful Vegetables.
|Calories220Calories from Fat120|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat120|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.