- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 8 shallots (roughly chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 anchovy
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 27 ounces cannellini beans (drained, rinsed)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 radicchio (hearts, cut into wedges)
- 12 scallops (trimmed)
- toast (sliced, to serve)
- In a large saucepan, heat oil and butter over high heat. Sauté shallots, garlic and anchovy for 2-3 mins, until tender. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 8-10 mins, stirring occasionally, until mixture begins to caramelize. Add stock, beans and bay leaf. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 15 mins. Remove bay leaf and purée. Add cream and season.
- Preheat grill. Lightly oil radicchio and scallops. Season. Grill scallops for 1 min per side, until golden. Grill radicchio for 1 min, until outside leaves wilt.
- Serve soup topped with radicchio and scallops. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and serve with toast.