- 12 ounces Italian sausage links
- 8 ounces bow-tie pasta (OR other small pasta shape, cooked and drained, kept warm)
- 1/2 cup basil pesto (purchased or homemade)
- 1/2 red bell pepper (seeded and diced)
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese (grated)
- fresh basil (chopped)
- Prepare medium-hot fire in grill; grill sausage directly over fire, turning to cook and brown evenly, about 10-12 minutes, until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 160 degrees F. Remove from fire and set aside. In large shallow bowl, toss farfalle and pesto; toss to coat evenly. Slice sausage into rounds and add along with diced red pepper and cheese. Garnish with chopped fresh basil.