Grilled Salmon in Olive Oil and ChivesAs receitas lá de casa
This is sure to become your go-to recipe for preparing salmon on the grill, since just a little bit of effort pays off in a big way, flavorwise. The secret is in the sauce, which is cooked in a pan on the grill while the salmon is also cooking, and which combines butter, lemon juice, chives, and garlic. You could serve this sauce with other types of fish, too, including cod, halibut, hake, or trout, and also seafood such as shrimp or scallops.
- olive oil (to taste)
- 6 salmon fillets
- salt (liquid)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 lemon (juice)
- 12 chive stems
- 10 garlic cloves
- 1Use olive oil to grease a grill, then heat the grill.
- 2When grill is hot, place the salmon filets on oiled grate. After turning, sprinkle with 3 to 4 splashes of liquid salt.
- 3In a small saucepan, add the olive oil, butter, lemon juice, finely chopped chives, two cloves of peeled, minced garlic and 8 cloves of crushed unpeeled garlic.
- 4Place the grilled fish on a platter and sprinkle with the olive oil dressing.
- 5Serve immediately with mashed potatoes and tomato salad.