- 2 pork tenderloin (about 2 pounds)
- 5 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- black pepper
- 2 red onion (large, thinly sliced)
- 1 head red cabbage (cored and thinly sliced)
- 2 teaspoons allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- Rub tenderloins with about 1 tablespoon olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper. Prepare a medium-hot fire in covered kettle style grill. Meanwhile, in a large deep skillet heat remaining 4 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat; add red onion and cook, stirring, until very tender, about 8-10 minutes. Add cabbage, raise heat to medium-high and stir until it begins to wilt. Add allspice, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, black pepper and wine, bring to a boil. Cover, lower heat and simmer until cabbage is tender, about 8-10 minutes. Stir in vinegar and brown sugar. Simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally, until cabbage is very tender and liquid is absorbed, about 10 more minutes.
- Grill tenderloins directly over heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned and just done, about 20 minutes until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees Fahrenheit, followed by a 3-minute rest time.