Asian flavors favor these pork steaks that cook quickly on a hot grill. Serve with a cucumber salad dressed with rice vinegar vinaigrette and warm flour tortillas.
- 4 pork blade steaks (about 3/4-1 inch thick)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger root (grated)
- 1 dash red pepper flakes (crushed)
- Prepare medium-hot fire in kettle-style grill. Stir together salt, ginger and black pepper; rub on both sides of pork steaks. Grill over medium-high heat 5-7 minutes per side, until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 160 degrees F. Meanwhile, in small bowl stir together remaining ingredients and brush on steaks during last 1-2 minutes of grilling.
- Serves 4.