This satisfying salad is a truly fresh grilling idea.
- 4 boneless pork chops (1/2-inch thick)
- 2/3 cup italian salad dressing
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 slices Italian bread (cut 1/2-inch thick)
- 10 ounces lettuce (Italian)
- 1 cup cannellini beans (canned, drained and rinsed)
- 1 cup tomatoes (chopped)
- freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese (finely grated)
- fresh basil (for garnish)
- Combine Italian dressing and balsamic vinegar; place 1/3 cup dressing mixture in self-sealing bag along with pork chops; seal bag and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or as long as overnight. Cover and reserve remaining dressing.
- Prepare grill with medium-hot fire. Remove chops from marinade (discarding marinade) and grill over direct heat for 3-4 minutes per side, until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees Fahrenheit, followed by a 3-minute rest time. Remove from grill and keep warm. Grill bread slices 2-3 minutes per side until nicely toasted. Remove bread from grill and cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Meanwhile, combine lettuce, beans and tomato in large bowl. Add bread pieces and reserved dressing mixture; toss to coat all ingredients. Evenly distrute lettuce mixture on 4 plates. Slice pork chops and fan one pork chop over each salad. Garnish with black pepper, Parmesan cheese and fresh basil.