- 4 pork chops (1 1/2-inch thick, about 6-7 oz each.)
- 1 cup fresh mint
- 3 cloves garlic (peeled)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper (freshly ground)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons water
- To prepare chimichurri, place the mint, garlic, salt, pepper, vinegar and oil in bowl of food processor; pulse until smooth. Add enough water for a pourable consistency.
- Reserve half of chimichurri, cover and refrigerate. Place chops in large plastic bag, add remaining chimichurri, seal bag and toss to coat chops. Place chops in refrigerator and let marinate for at least 30 minutes, or up to 4 hours.
- Prepare a medium-hot fire in grill. Remove chops from marinade; discard marinade. Grill over direct heat for a total of about 12-16 minutes, turning once, until internal temperature when measured with an instant-read thermometer is 145 degrees Fahrenheit, followed by a 3-minute rest time.
- Serve chops garnished with mint and reserved chimichurri on the side.