These grilled pork chops offer layers of flavor that belie their simplicity. The dried tomato vinaigrette makes a sweet and tangy flavor marriage with the chops. Complete the meal with grilled French bread slices, brushed with a little flavored oil and cooked penne pasta tossed with Parmesan cheese and chopped fresh basil.
- 4 boneless pork chops (1-inch thick)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary (chopped)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons green onions (finely chopped)
- black pepper (to taste)
- In a small bowl stir together 1/4 cup olive oil, garlic, soy sauce, rosemary, salt and pepper. Place pork chops in large self-sealing plastic bag; pour marinade over and refrigerate 4-24 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl cover dried tomatoes with hot water, let stand for 10 minutes, drain well. Toss tomatoes in small bowl add 1/2 cup olive oil, vinegar, onion and pepper to taste; stir to combine well, set aside.
- Prepare medium-hot fire in kettle-style grill. Remove chops from marinade, discarding remaining marinade. Grill over fire for 4-5 minutes on each side until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees Fahrenheit, followed by a 3-minute rest time. Serve chops with vinaigrette.