The "doctored" mayonnaise makes a nice spread for cold pork roast sandwiches. Serve with Mustard-Carrot Salad, fruit kabobs and chips with dip.
- 1 1/2 pounds ground pork
- 1/4 cup onion (minced)
- 4 tablespoons fresh cilantro (finely chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 12 slices Italian bread
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons cilantro (minced)
- In large bowl combine pork with onion, the 4 tablespoons cilantro and seasoned salt; form into six patties and set aside. Prepare grill for direct heat grilling. Meanwhile, for Apricot Mayonnaise, combine mayonnaise, preserves, lemon juice and 2 teaspoons cilantro, set aside or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Grill burgers over medium-high heat for about 5-6 minutes per side; remove and keep warm, until an instant read thermometer reads 160 degrees F. Grill bread for 1-2 minutes per side, until lightly toasted.
- To assemble sandwiches, spread mayonnaise mixture on one side of each slice of bread. Top with burgers and remaining bread slice at an angle over burger. Pass any remaining Apricot Mayonnaise.