Give quesadillas a grilled Caribbean twist. Serve with Island-style Rice & Beans and along with orange slices.
- 1 pound ground pork
- 2 ounces chorizo sausage (chopped)
- 6 slices bacon (diced)
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 flour tortillas (8-inch)
- 1 cup monterey jack (grated)
- 1/2 cup coconut (shredded)
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple (drained)
- 1/4 cup butter (melted)
- Place pork in large bowl; add chorizo, bacon, rum, soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, coriander, cumin, red pepper flakes and cloves. Mix well; cover and refrigerate 2-24 hours.
- Prepare medium-hot fire in grill. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add pork mixture and cook and stir to cook pork mixture completely, about 5-6 minutes. Divide tortillas into two batches; divide pork mixture evenly and spread over each of 6 tortillas. Sprinkle with cheese, coconut and pineapple. Top with second tortillas; brush with melted butter on both sides and grill directly over fire until cheese is melted and tortillas are crispy and browned. Turn carefully with large spatula. On serving plate, cut quesadillas into wedges to serve.