Grilled Peach-Glazed Ham SteaksPORK
Tailgating may never be the same with this citrus-ginger sauce serve with ham steaks. With orange, peach and sugar, this is a perfect main dish for certain end of the season games. Recipe courtesy of Bob Sloan and adapted from The Tailgating Cookbook
- 2 ham steaks (about 1 pound each)
- 1 lemon
- 1 Orange
- 1 grapefruit
- 1 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. fresh ginger root (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp. garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp. shallot (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 12 oz. peaches (canned, drained)
- 2 Tbsp. mustard
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 jalapeno chile (stemmed, seeded, and finely chopped)
- At home, for the citrus-ginger sauce - Zest the lemon entirely and then mince the zest. Cut the lemon, orange and grapefruit in half crosswise. Scoop the meat out of the sections of each half of fruit with a serrated grapefruit spoon. Transfer to a bowl and squeeze any remaining juice from the fruit over it. Add the lemon zest.
- Mix together the olive oil, ginger, garlic, shallot, and wine in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce the heat to low and simmer until the liquid is reduced by half, about 4 minutes.
- Add the fruit and zest and cook for 1 minute more. Let the sauce cool, and then transfer to a sealable container and refrigerate until you are ready to pack, up to 4 hours.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories290Calories from Fat50|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat50|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes