Grilled Peach-Glazed Ham SteaksPork
Tailgating may never be the same with this citrus-ginger sauce serve with ham steaks. With orange, peach and sugar, this is a perfect main dish for certain end of the season games. Recipe courtesy of Bob Sloan and adapted from The Tailgating Cookbook
- 2 ham steak (about 1 pound each)
- 1 lemon
- 1 orange
- 1 grapefruit
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger root (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon shallots (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 12 ounces peaches (drained)
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 jalapeno chilies (stemmed, seeded, and finely chopped)
- 1At home, for the citrus-ginger sauce - Zest the lemon entirely and then mince the zest. Cut the lemon, orange and grapefruit in half crosswise. Scoop the meat out of the sections of each half of fruit with a serrated grapefruit spoon. Transfer to a bowl and squeeze any remaining juice from the fruit over it. Add the lemon zest.
- 2Mix together the olive oil, ginger, garlic, shallot, and wine in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce the heat to low and simmer until the liquid is reduced by half, about 4 minutes.
- 3Add the fruit and zest and cook for 1 minute more. Let the sauce cool, and then transfer to a sealable container and refrigerate until you are ready to pack, up to 4 hours.
- 4For the peach glaze - Place the peaches, mustard, brown sugar, and jalapeño in a blender of food processor and process until smooth.
- 5Cover each side of the ham steaks with the peach mixture and transfer to a sealable container just large enough to hold them. Refrigerate until you are ready to pack, up to 4 hours.
- 6At the tailgate - Prepare coals for a medium-hot fire. When the coals are ready, grill the ham steaks for 10 minutes, turning once. Serve immediately with the sauce.
PER SERVING *
|Calories290Calories from Fat50|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat50|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.