- 2 tomatoes (medium, ripe, about 12 ounces)
- 16 large shrimp (about 12 ounces, peeled and deveined)
- 1 teaspoon spanish paprika (smoked, pimentón dulce)
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound skinless chicken thighs (boneless, cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 8 ounces spanish chorizo (cut into 1/4-inch-thick rounds)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (as needed)
- 1 yellow onion (medium, small dice)
- 2 garlic cloves (medium, finely chopped)
- 1 pinch saffron threads
- 2 cups paella rice (about 1 pound, sometimes labeled bomba or Valencia)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (plus more for seasoning the shrimp and chicken)
- 4 cups chicken broth (low-sodium)
- 16 mussels (manila clams, or a combination, scrubbed)
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley leaves (coarsely chopped fresh)
- 2 lemons (medium, cut into 8 wedges each, for serving)
|Calories380Calories from Fat250|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat250|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Tuba Vaezi 7 days ago
Turned out really well. It was delicious!
Bryan W. 30 Sep 2018
It’s perfect every time. Just make sure and prep everything g up front and it’s really easy to make from there.
Nichole N. 17 Jun 2018
I LOVE making this dish. It's perfect for a small get together. It's easy to monitor and still socialize, plus, it has the wow factor.
Shaun Zaghet 10 Mar 2018
awesome seriously make this
Katie 5 Mar 2018
This was great! Halved the recipe because I didn't have a pan, and used the stove and oven instead of a grill; still turned out really well!
Abraham Kparswah 3 Feb 2018
it turned out really well especially with the lemon
Robert 26 Apr 2017
Turned out great on the grill. Recommed double the amount of paprika and extra garlic. Very yummy crunchy bottom!
Mauro Pirrone 26 Dec 2016
Yummilicios! It was perfect and easy to do!! The recipe is very easy to follow and it goes into extensive detail, enabling you to follow it step by step.
Kirk M. 19 Nov 2016
After trying a half dozen paella recipes this is easily the best crowd pleaser. It's the most fun to make as well. I look forward to cooking this version of Paella