Grilled Marinated Flank Steak With Basil Chimchurri and Cherry TomatoesFOODISTA
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1/2 cup Italian parsley leaves
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 pinch pepper (cayanne)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes (quartered)
- 1/2 cup white onions (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 10 ounces flank steak
- To make the chimchurri, add basil, Italian parsley, garlic, cayanne pepper 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, chopped onions, 2-3 tablespoons red wine vinegar, 1/2 cup of olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper into a food processor. Process until smooth. Pour contents into a bowl. Remove 1/4 cup of the chimchurri mixture and place it into another dish. Make a marinade by adding the remaining 1/4 cup of olive oil to this new dish and stir. Cover and refrigerate the original chimchurri.
- Place the flank steak into a non-reactive dish and rub with the separated chimchurri/olive oil mixture. Cover the steak with plastic, refrigerate and marinated for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Remove steak from the refrigerator and allow for 15 minutes to come to room temperature. Grill flank steak over medium- high heat for 4 minutes on each side for medium rare. Remove steak from heat and rest for 5 minutes. Slice against the grain and serve with the basil chimchurri sauce and sliced cherry tomatoes.
|Calories510Calories from Fat410|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat410|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.