- 1 1/2 pounds beef short ribs (Korean style, flanken style)
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove (grated or finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon ginger (grated or finely chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 head napa cabbage
- 1/2 head red cabbage
- 2 large carrots (peeled)
- 1 apple (Gala or sweet, cored)
- 1/2 cup edamame (cooked & shelled)
- 1/2 bunch green onions (finely chopped)
- 1/3 cup unsalted peanuts (roasted &, roughly chopped)
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- kosher salt
- cracked pepper (Freshly)
- serrano chiles (or Thai, finely sliced for garnish)
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 lime
- 1/2 lime
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked pepper (freshly)
- In a bowl, combine all of the marinade ingredients and mix well. Place the ribs and marinade in a resealable bag and refrigerate for at least one hour, or overnight.
- To make the slaw, use your KitchenAid® Pro Line® Series Food Processor and set the external adjustable lever on the ExactSlice™ System to a medium setting. Shred your napa and red cabbages, carrots, and apple in the bowl of your Food Processor, then transfer to a large bowl. Add the edamame, green onions, peanuts, and sesame seeds, along with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and a couple cracks of pepper.
- In another bowl, combine all the slaw dressing ingredients and whisk well, adding 1-2 tablespoons of water to make the dressing pourable. Check your seasoning, as it may need more soy sauce or lime juice to fit your personal taste preference. Right before serving, pour enough dressing on the cabbage mixture to thoroughly coat, mix well.
- To grill your short ribs, preheat your KitchenAid® Grill & Panini Press over medium-high heat for 3 minutes. Add the short ribs and cook for 3 minutes, until the juices push through on the top side. Flip, and cook for 2-3 minutes more. Plate the ribs and slaw, and garnish with lime zest, sesame seeds, and sliced chiles.
PER SERVING *
|Calories1780Calories from Fat1220|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat1220|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.