This Grilled Ham with Martini Sauce takes a bit of time and effort to cook, but the end result is oh so delicious and tender. Baked on low heat, the pork leg or shoulder is basted every 30 minutes with a sweet vermouth and allspice sauce. If you fol…
ow the exact directions in this recipe you will end up with a delicious juicy ham that is tender and bursting with flavor in every single bite.
- 1 pork leg (or shoulder)
- thyme (to taste)
- 500 milliliters vermouth (rosato)
- 1 tablespoon allspice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 140 Celsius.
- Salt the pork and sprinkle with thyme. Set aside.
- Mix the vermouth with the allspice and sugar. Heat in a saucepan until reduced to 3/4 of its original volume.
- Cut diagonal lines into the pork and place into a baking pan, skin side up. Brush to cover completely with the sauce and pour the remaining sauce into the bottom of the baking pan.
- Bake 3 1/2-4 hours, depending on the size, removing every half hour to baste with the sauce.
- Bake until at a temperature of 60 Celsius. Remove form oven and set aside for 5 minutes before cutting. Serve drizzled with sauce.